|Fist of Guthix|
The Lumber Yard is a location east of Varrock. It is accessible to free players, however to use its features, you must be a member. Its main feature is the Sawmill operator, who is located in a small room along the yard's south-west wall. He is involved in the Construction skill: He can turn logs into planks for a fee, and he also sells bolts of cloth, three kinds of nails, and saws.
Players cannot enter the Lumber Yard through its main gate, nor can they enter the Sawmill operator's room. There is a hole in the yard's wall north of the Sawmill operator, where members can enter the yard, or players can use the Lumber Yard Teleport got from completing Treasure Trails (any level), Other than curiosity, players typically enter the yard for one of these reasons:
- Cutting down a dying tree in the Lumber Yard is an Easy task in the Varrock Achievement Diary.
- A Clue scroll requires players to search a crate in the yard.
- In the Gertrude's Cat quest, the player must find Fluffs and her kittens in the yard. Fluffs is found on the first floor and her kittens are in a barrel on the ground floor.
- Several Logs spawn in the yard, which players can gather for free. (Players outside the yard can take some of the logs using the Telekinetic Grab spell.)
- Occasionally, players can find a penguin for Penguin Hide and Seek in the yard; it would be disguised as a crate.
There is currently a glitch making it possible to walk in Jiggling crates. It not possible to walk into the crate from the north or west(differs per crate) and the 2 diagonal sides next to that direction. You will always walk out immediately, always to the south. There are two exceptions, however, and that is the crate in the north-east and northwest. You won't walk out of the north east one immediately, and you won't be able to walk in the north west crate at all.