|Wilderness Volcano||←||Graveyard of Shadows||→||Clan wars|
|Chaos Temple (Wilderness)|
Once known as Carrallangar, the Graveyard of Shadows is located in the Wilderness; levels 16 to 21. Not to be confused with the Forgotten Cemetery, the graveyard is home to a large collection of dead trees. The monsters that inhabit the area are level 18 and level 24 zombies.
The Graveyard of Shadows also contains several item respawn points. There are 5 plank and 4 tile respawns within the graveyard, as well as a crossbow, a steel dagger, iron dagger and an iron med helm spawn point. This graveyard is one of only three plank spawn points within the free-to-play world, and, therefore, can play an important role in the Dragon Slayer quest. It is also one of only two known spawn point of tiles, which currently have no in-game use.
As mentioned above, the Graveyard of Shadows contains numerous zombies. As such, it is possible for players to train their magic skill through the use of the Crumble Undead spell. This method is not recommended, however, due to the danger posed by wandering Revenant ghosts and other monsters. It is also possible to train melee. High levelled players can virtually stand still and have zombies attack and get continuous experience from them since they are aggressive—until the zombies become tolerant. The climax area of choice is probably just slightly north of the grim reaper. It is possible to obtain four training partners to attack. This is also a good place to obtain planks to train Construction.
To the north of the Graveyard of Shadows lie the ruins of one of the last remaining cities within the wilderness. Players should be wary, however, as they are over-run with Deadly Red Spiders. The Wilderness Volcano lies to the west of the graveyard, whilst the Clan Wars activity is located to the east.
- Main article: List of music
The following music can be unlocked in the Graveyard of Shadows.
- A mini Zaros symbol can be found somewhere on the ground.
- The song in this location "Dead Can Dance" could be a reference either to the former Australian band "Dead Can Dance", or the Iron Maiden song "Dance of the Dead".
- A Grim Reaper statue appeared at the south-western end of the graveyard approximately a month before the 2008 Hallowe'en event was released.
- A second Grim Reaper statue appeared at the eastern end of the graveyard in 2009. Neither statue can be examined.
- Before, the Graveyard used to be near where Clan Wars was until the recent addition of Bounty Hunter and Clan Wars, it was pushed west of the little slime lake and a bit more east for room for the volcano.
- Many players have to run through the Graveyard on Clan Wars worlds to access the Wildernesses Volcano's bank.
- When the Construction skill came out, this place became very crowded and a hotspot for PKers, do to the plank spawns.